Subject Leader - Mr Smith & Mr Taylor
PE at Orchard Primary School is taught twice a week and covers a wide range of activities across the school year including tennis, football, cricket, gym, dance, athletics and striking and field games.
Sports Premium: through this funding we have increased the range and uptake of sports clubs. The full list of objectives are as follows:
- to provide opportunities for children to compete- tournaments etc.
- to improve existing resources/equipment for teaching PE where necessary.
- to increase PE lessons to two times per week.
- to increase the range and number of sports clubs offered.
- to increase in take-up of clubs by all children at Orchard Primary School.
- to increase links to local clubs and organisations.
Impact will be measured through:
- observations carried out by senior leaders.
- pupil surveys.
- new assessment sheets to track achievement and progress.
- staff surveys.
Physical Education Policy:
How can you help at home?
Please can you ensure that children have their PE kit in school for their lessons.
If your child wants to join a club, please see the office for more information.
At Orchard Primary we run a number of sports clubs for all age groups both before and after school. This makes use of the Sports Pupil Premium funding we receive. Some of the clubs include: judo, football, tennis and cricket club. Not only do our teams compete and represent Orchard Primary at a good competitive level, but they always play with a fantastic sporting attitude - even when they are on the losing side. It is always a pleasure for staff and parents to watch Orchard children playing competitive sports against other schools.
Aspire to achieve Believe in yourself Care for each other