SPORTS PREMIUM FUNDING
What is Sports Premium funding?
The Government is providing funding to provide new, substantial primary school sport funding. This funding is being jointly provided by the Departments for Education, Health and Culture, Media and Sport, and will see money going directly to primary school Headteacher to spend on improving the quality of sport and PE for all their children.
The Sports Premium can only be spent on sport and PE provision in schools.
How much Sports Premium money does our school get?
Each school receives £16 000 plus £10 per child for pupils in Years 1 & 6. Our funding allocation up until 1.11.19 is £17790
How is the money spent?
We are using it in the following key areas during the academic year 2018/2019
The full list of objectives are as follows:
- To increase the range and uptake of sports clubs.
- To purchase new PE equipment and resources.
- To target PP pupils and ensure that they have access to a range of sporting opportunities
- To develop Forest School and outdoor adventure learning experiences at our school by developing the school grounds and through staff training.
- To develop the PE teaching skills of teaching staff
How will parents know it is working?
- To provide opportunities for children to compete – tournaments, competitions with other schools.
- To provide resources/equipment for teaching PE.
◆ To increase the range and numbers of sports clubs offered at our school.
- To increase the take up of clubs by all children at Orchard Primary School.
- To increase links to local schools and organisations, sign-posting talented children to relevant provisions.
- To provide teachers with a progressive scheme of work.
- To continue to develop Forest Schools provision at Orchard Primary School
Impact will be measured through:
Impact of Sports Premium – 2018-2019 – Autumn Term and Spring Term
- Monitoring and observations of PE lessons carried out by senior leaders and the PE subject leader Mr J. Smith.
- Reports on PE resources/equipment purchased through Funding Sports.
- Monitoring of ‘take-up’ of clubs/numbers of clubs/links with other schools and organisations / tournaments and competitions.
- Monitor the impact of Forest School provision on children.
- Pupil surveys.
Impact on children
Sport Clubs offered to pupils at Orchard Primary School in 2017/19
- When 100 children across the school were asked:
- 68% of children chose P.E as their favourite foundation subject.
- 80% of children chose Sports Day as their favourite whole school activity.
- 68% of children said they would choose to do extra PE if they could.
- 90% of the children said they took part in a club
11 Sports clubs are offered to pupils. These clubs take place before school, at lunchtime and after school, and are offered free of charge to all pupils.Range of Sports offered in 2018/19 :